This Credigy Internet Privacy Statement applies only to our United States customers, clients and other visitors to our web site. This privacy statement explains how Credigy collects, uses and safeguards information on this web site. This privacy statement does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage. We reserve the right to make changes to our Internet Privacy Statement at any time and from time to time without further notice to you.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit or use our pages. We may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners. We track how our site is used by anonymous visitors by using a small string of text that is sent to your browser known as a “cookie” to collect information that includes the server your computer is logged onto and your browser type (such as Netscape or Internet Explorer). A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses or capture your email address or any other personally identifiable information.
We limit the collection of information about our customers, clients and other visitors to what we need to collect in order to administer a customer’s account, provide customer service and to satisfy any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested.
We may use this information for four general purposes: to customize the content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain services and information, to contact you, and as permitted by applicable law.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not disclose any information we collect unless we have previously been informed or authorized by the customer, client or other visitor to do so or such disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by law. We will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Credigy to provide a product or service to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
- we find that your actions on our web site violate the above terms of service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services; or
- we may otherwise disclose such information as permitted by applicable law.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD INFORMATION
We limit access to information systems to those who need it to conduct their business responsibilities and to meet our customer servicing commitments. We employ safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of our customer and client information.
We may set and access cookies on your computer.